WARRANTY, TRADING TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Unless otherwise stated parts of vehicles sold from this establishment are second-hand, salvaged items from damaged vehicles and are sold as such.
Whilst we try to give good value and reliability, we cannot guarantee each part to be absolutely perfect and this is reflected in our pricing structure.
We will always try to supply the exact part that our customers require. However, due to the numerous variations in makes, model, design and year of manufacture we cannot give any guarantee that any parts are correct for the purpose required.
All sales are made on the strict understanding that the customer is responsible for making sure that the parts bought are correct for the particular vehicle.
We will, however, attempt to replace the parts with the correct ones if returned in the same condition as when purchased, accompanied with the receipt and within seven days.
1. The Warranty period is shown on your receipt. The receipt forms part of your warranty and is therefore required for any claims.
2. Where new parts have been supplied, the benefits of the manufacturer’s warranty apply along with their conditions of sale. Status only acts as an agent for these goods.
3. If you do experience any problems, we advise you to call us for advice. The telephone number is shown on your receipt.
4. The Warranty does not cover failure caused by overheating, misuse, negligence, accident, alteration, incorrect or non-recommended application and damage caused by incorrect specification or levels of oils and fluids, coolants and anti-freeze.
5. This Company uses tamper proof devices and marking. In addition a heat sensitive strip will be used on engines and cylinder heads. These strips record temperatures. If sensor indicates in excess of 104c warranty is void. If the strip is damaged or missing warranty is void.
6. We reserve the right to examine engines/gearboxes/axles for any alleged fault whilst the unit is still fitted to the vehicle.
7. If a warranty claim is found to be valid we reserve the right to either repair or replace the unit or refund the purchase price only on return of the unit to ourselves. We accept no liability for any labour costs incurred.
8. Any merchandise or invoice marked “as is”/”as seen” will void this certificate of limited warranty. This means No Warranty – No Refund.
9. It is the responsibility of the customer or installation mechanic to ensure that all joints, seals, hoses and plugs fit/join, and are securely fastened. That the cooling system is functioning without leaks and blockages, and that a new oil filter and oil are installed.
10. This Warranty only covers the main item(s) as described on the invoice i.e. When left attached to for example an engine, this warranty does not cover for water pump, fuel pump, manifolds, clutch, cam belt, timing chain/ tensioner, rear main oil seals, driveshaft transmission seals, etc.
11. A handling charge of 20% of the purchase price will be made on parts that have been correctly supplied, but are no longer required. These parts must be returned within fourteen days with the receipt.
12. Transmissions are warranted to be in good working order against slippage, shifting failures or excessive noise.
13. Back axles are guaranteed to work properly, bearings are guaranteed free from excessive noise at time of purchase. Where left attached, brakes, suspension bushes are not covered as per paragraph 10.
14. All engines are warranted against engine block, crankshaft, big end main bearings, pistons, cylinder head and camshaft failure and to be in running order unless otherwise stated. All engines are inspected with a camera scope for internal wear and tear.
15. Cylinder heads are guaranteed against cracks and Camshaft Journal wear only. Leaky Valves, Straightness, And Camshafts Are not covered unless otherwise stated.
16. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover damage if parts are used in connection with racing purposes or vehicles with racing equipment or damage by accident or misuse.
17. It is an understanding of both parties, that the parts supplied are to be used for normal road use. If the parts are fitted to e.g. taxis, hire vehicles, prototypes, competition vehicles, etc. The Vendor should be notified at point of sale as this may invalidate or impair the terms of this warranty.
18. All warranty claims must be represented to an authorised agent or manager of Status within the stipulated period from date of purchase of this warranty to be valid.
19. All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the limited warranty, consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
20. The Vendor accepts no responsibility for damage to the said part or any motor vehicle to which it is fitted or impaired performance caused by faulty or inefficient installation or subsequent damage caused by lack of maintenance or for any loss of use of a motor vehicle whilst a part is being returned for exchange.
21. Title to the goods shall remain with the Vendor (Status Auto) until the full purchase price thereof has been paid and all monies duly cleared.
22. Status Auto does not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay-up time, telephone, loss due to downtime, cost and lodging, cost of vehicle use, inconvenience, car or truck rental, postage, carriage, etc.
23. These terms of business are not intended to restrict or exclude any legal rights bestowed or implied by law or a customer’s statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or the Unfair Contract Act 1977, or any amendment thereof.
24. DEPOSITS: Deposits are non-refundable and valid 28 days only.
25. ECU, Electrical parts:
Should the unit be deemed faulty, we reserve the right to replace the unit or offer a refund in full if a replacement be unavailable.
We cannot be held responsible for any third party involvement costs such as coding issues or such like. This also applies to storage and reprogramming costs occurred by any customer or any other external costs occurred.
26. As this item is for sale over our counter, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction at any time
Where you have no other legal right to return a product and receive a refund or exchange, then you will nonetheless be entitled to return a product to us where:
(a) We receive the returned product within  days following the date of purchase of the product;
(b) you comply with the returns procedure set out below; and
(c) none of the exclusions set out below apply.
(2) Returns procedure
In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, you must:
Ensure that products are sent, via a recorded delivery service, to:
Durham Lane Industrial Estate
The following kinds of products may not be returned under this policy:
(a) Items sold for spares or repairs
We will send you a refund for the full price of any product properly returned by you in accordance with the terms of this returns policy (excluding the original delivery charges and excluding the costs of returning the product to us unless part is faulty).
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your returned product.
(5) Improper returns
Where you return a product in contravention of this policy (and where you do not have any other legal right to return the product):
(a) we will not refund or exchange the product;
(b) we may retain the returned product until you pay to us such additional amount as we may charge for re-delivery of the returned product; and
(c) if we do not receive payment of such additional amount within 14 days of issuing a request for payment, we may destroy or otherwise dispose of the returned product in our sole discretion without any liability to you.